Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ryan Starr


one of the most talked-about performances of season 1

Originally auditioning under her given name (Tiffany Montgomery), Ryan was definitely one of the more memorable contestants of season 1. Ryan was one of the lucky ones, as she was signed by RCA after her stint on Idol. However, due to her disagreement with RCA regarding the type of music they wanted her to record versus the type that she wanted, she left RCA in 2005.

She ended up releasing a song exclusively through iTunes, "My Religion," which peaked at #1 on the iTunes chart. However, since then she has not followed up with much, except for "My Religion" and two other songs on "Curtain Call: New Songs from Past American Idol Finalists, Vol 1". She has been much more prolific via reality television, with major appearances on "The Surreal Life" and "Gimme My Reality Show!". She has not updated her official website or her MySpace, so I am not sure what she has been doing in the last couple of years. As usual when I find more information I will post it.


2007 magazine cover

sources:

http://www.ryanstarr.us/
myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment